EN 1994 Eurocode 4 applies to the design of composite structures and members for buildings and other civil engineering works. It complies with the principles and requirements for the safety and serviceability of structures, the basis of their design and verification that are given in EN 1990 – Basis of structural design. EN Eurocode 4 is concerned with requirements for resistance, serviceability, durability and fire resistance of composite structures.
|EN 1994-1-1:2004||Eurocode 4: Design of composite steel and concrete structures – Part 1-1: General rules and rules for buildings|
|EN 1994-1-2:2005||Eurocode 4: Design of composite steel and concrete structures – Part 1-2: General rules - Structural fire design|
|EN 1994-2:2005||Eurocode 4: Design of composite steel and concrete structures – Part 2: General rules and rules for bridges|
EN Eurocode 4 is intended to be used in conjunction with:
- EN 1990: Eurocode - Basis of structural design;
- EN 1991: Eurocode 1 - Actions on structures;
- ENs, hENs, ETAGs and ETAs for construction products relevant for composite structures;
- EN 1090: Execution of steel structures and aluminium structures;
- EN 13670: Execution of concrete structures;
- EN 1992: Eurocode 2 - Design of concrete structures;
- EN 1993: Eurocode 3 - Design of steel structures;
- EN 1997: Eurocode 7 - Geotechnical design;
- EN 1998: Eurocode 8 - Design of structures for earthquake resistance, when composite structures are built in seismic regions.
The work outlines recent EU policies supporting the sustainability and climate resilience of infrastructure and buildings.
It evaluates the expected variations in climatic factors causing corrosion,…
This manual is based on Eurocode 4, part 1.1 chapters 7, 10 and Annex E which deals with composite construction, as well as Eurocode 3, part 1.3 which considers the design of profiled steel sheeting…
Reliability of structural members designed with the Eurocodes NDPs selected by EU and EFTA Member States
Reliability is defined in the Eurocodes as the “ability of a structure or a structural member to fulfil the specified requirements, including the design working life, for which it has been designed”…