This workshop (Level 2/3) with emphasis on worked examples intends to contribute towards the transfer of background knowledge and expertise on Eurocodes-Structural Fire Design Parts from CEN/TC250 Horizontal Group-Fire to potential trainers at national level and Eurocode users.
The principal objectives of the workshop are to:
- transfer knowledge and information to representatives of key organisations/institutions, industry and technical associations in Member States;
- provide state-of-the-art training material, background information and worked examples to Eurocodes trainers and users;
- facilitate exchange of views, networking and cooperation.
The workshop is organised and supported by the European Commission, Enterprise and Industry Directorate-General and Joint Research Centre, CEN/TC250, CEN/TC250 Horizontal Group Fire and CEN Management Centre.
The workshop will commence in the morning of November 27 and conclude in the afternoon of November 28. The workshop sessions will present the fire resistance assessment of structures according to the Eurocodes. Each session will focus on a specific structural material (i.e. steel, concrete, masonry, etc) and will address the principles and design methods followed by worked example(s). Definitions of actions in fire situations will also be presented with basic principles and examples at the beginning of the workshop sessions.
Tuesday, 27 November 2012
- Welcome AddressWelcome Address
- Actions in fire situationActions in fire situation
- Fire resistance assessment of steel structuresFire resistance assessment of steel structures
Thursday, 28 November 2012
- Fire resistance assessment of concrete structuresFire resistance assessment of concrete structures
- Fire resistance assessment of masonry structuresFire resistance assessment of masonry structures
- Fire resistance assessment of timber structuresFire resistance assessment of timber structures
This document is a report with worked examples presenting the fire resistance assessment of structures according to the Eurocodes. The authors were involved in the preparation and/or assessment of the Eurocodes structural fire design parts. Each chapter of the report focuses on a specific structural material (i.e. steel, concrete, masonry, etc.) and addresses the principles and design methods followed by worked example(s). The provided information illustrates the basic design methods through examples of application. It will allow any designer to get a good understanding about the fundamentals of the fire parts of the Eurocodes and to carry out fire resistance assessments of various structures.
The materials were prepared and presented at the workshop "Eurocodes: Structural Fire Design" held on 27 28 November 2012 in Brussels, Belgium. The workshop was organized by JRC with the support of DG ENTR and CEN, and in collaboration with CEN/TC250 Horizontal Group - Fire.
The document is part of the Report Series 'Support to the implementation, harmonization and further development of the Eurocodes' prepared by JRC in collaboration with DG ENTR and CEN/TC250 "Structural Eurocodes".