The second generation of the Eurocodes incorporates improvements to the existing suite and extends its scope. The new suite will ensure the standards remain fully up to date through embracing new methods, new materials, and new regulatory and market requirements, namely:
- Promoting further harmonisation and improving the practical use of Eurocodes for day-to-day calculations (ease-of-use);
- Introducing requirements for the assessment, re-use and retrofitting of existing structures;
- Strengthening of requirements for robustness;
- Developing a new Eurocode on structural glass;
- Advancing pre-normative work on fibre-polymer composite structures (FRP), tensioned membrane structures, and respective CEN technical Specifications.
What is new in the 2G: Eurocodes conference, Berlin, 24 May 2023
In May 2023, the key developments in the 2G Eurocodes were presented first-hand by the chairman of CEN/TC 250 and the chairs of the subcommittees, during the DIBt Eurocode conference "The second generation Eurocodes: what is new and why?"
The conference recording is available at this link.
Download the speakers' presentations:
What is new in the 2G: slides
Download a presentation with an overview of the evolution of each Eurocode for the second generation.