As part of the EU-ASEAN Cooperation for Regional Integration through economic growth, connectivity, trade and business development, the EU-ASEAN dialogue on Eurocodes is supported by the Enhanced Regional EU-ASEAN Dialogue Instrument (E-READI). The dialogue aims to bring a coherent approach to the adoption of the design standards for the construction sector across the ASEAN member states (AMS), through a regional approach. AMS are currently being at various stages of awareness on the Eurocodes concepts and/or their adoption at national level.
After the inception event (2021) and the past workshops in Cambodia (March 2022) and Brunei Darussalam (July 2022), all in virtual mode, this hybrid Regional Workshop will outline the needs and the availability of necessary technical assistance in support for the elaboration of maps for climatic actions for structural design with the Eurocodes and adaptation of structural design to climate change in AMS.
Experts from the EU and ASEAN Member States will share knowledge with representatives from competent organisations in AMS on the development and elaboration of wind and thermal maps for structural design with the Eurocodes. The event will provide an opportunity to learn and build on the experience, initiatives and difficulties concerning the topic, to fulfil the following objectives:
- Strengthen the capacities of the stakeholders from AMS for the elaboration of maps for climatic actions for structural design with the Eurocodes.
- Increase the awareness of the adaptation of structural design to climate change and the feasibility offered through the implementation of the Second generation of the Eurocodes
- Facilitate regional cooperation and networking among AMS aiming at better understanding of the Eurocodes
- Present the European Union support for increasing awareness, adoption and implementation of the Eurocodes.
The attendance of this workshop is reserved to invited delegates from AMS.
- Singapore - Novotel on Stevens
- Asia/Singapore- Asia/SingaporeCentral Europe/Rome-
- Who should attend
- The attendance of the regional workshop is reserved to invited delegates from AMS
- Enhanced Regional EU-ASEAN Dialogue Instrument (E-READI)