The Eurocodes have reached the final stage of national implementation by the Member States. They are becoming the European-wide means for structural design of works contributing towards an internal market with free circulation of construction products and services.
The principal objectives of the workshop were to:
- transfer knowledge and information to representatives of key organisations/institutions, industry and technical associations in Member States;
- provide state-of-the-art training material, background information and worked examples to Eurocodes trainers and users;
- facilitate exchange of views, networking and cooperation.
The workshop is organised and supported by the European Commission, Enterprise and Industry Directorate-General and Joint Research Centre, CEN/TC250, CEN/TC250 SC2, CEN Management Centre and the Member States.
In the workshop a step-by-step the design of a reinforced concrete cast on site building following Eurocode 2 was presented. Each session focussed on a different step in the design process: conceptual design, structural analysis, limit states design and verification, detailing of reinforcement and members, foundation and fire design.
Thursday, 20 October 2011
- Welcome AddressWelcome Address
- Description, Actions, Durability, Materials and Conceptual DesignDescription, Actions, Durability, Materials and Conceptual Design
- Structural AnalysisStructural Analysis
- Limit and Serviceability Limit State DesignLimit and Serviceability Limit State Design
Friday, 21 October 2011
- Detailing of the reinforcementDetailing of the reinforcement
- Geotechnical designGeotechnical design
- Conceptual Fire Design and assessmentConceptual Fire Design and assessment
This document is a report with worked examples presenting step-by-step the design of a reinforced concrete cast on site building following Eurocode 2. The design process has been divided between different authors, some of whom were involved in the preparation and/or assessment of Eurocode 2. Each chapter of the report focuses on a different step in the design process: conceptual design, structural analyses, limit states design and verification, detailing of the reinforcement as well as some geotechnical aspects of building design. Last chapter gives general overview of the fire design according to the Eurocodes.
The materials were prepared and presented at the workshop "Eurocode 2: Design of Concrete Buildings" held on 20 21 October 2011 in Brussels, Belgium. The workshop was organized by JRC with the support of DG ENTR and CEN, and in collaboration with CEN/TC250/Sub-Committee 2.
The document is part of the Report Series 'Support to the implementation, harmonization and further development of the Eurocodes' prepared by JRC in collaboration with DG ENTR and CEN/TC250 "Structural Eurocodes".