'Design of shallow foundations' covers the second generation of Eurocode 7, focusing on the requirements for the design of footings, gravity walls, and slopes. It consists of six lectures:
- General rules for foundations and slopes (12 June)
- Spread foundations (14 June)
- Gravity retaining structures (16 June)
- Slopes, cuttings and embankments (19 June)
- Reinforced fill and soil nailed structures (21 June)
- Groundwater control systems (23 June)
The course is presented by Dr Andrew Bond of Geocentrix. He is Immediate Past Chairman of CEN committee TC250/SC7, responsible for the maintenance and evolution of Eurocode 7. He was a UK delegate on SC7 from 1997, before being Chairman from 2010 to 2019.
The course will be online. Applicable prices for the course and for single lectures are listed in the course webpage.
- European standard
- Online only
- Postal address
- United Kingdom