STRUCTURAL FIRE DESIGN
Workshop with worked examples
27-28 November 2012, Brussels
VENUE: SOFITEL BRUSSELS LE LOUISE, Avenue de la Toison d'Or 40, Tel : +32 (0) 2 514 22 00
This workshop (Level 2/3) with emphasis on worked examples intends to contribute towards the transfer of background knowledge and expertise on Eurocodes-Structural Fire Design Parts from CEN/TC250 Horizontal Group-Fire to potential trainers at national level and Eurocode users.
The principal objectives of the workshop are to:
- transfer knowledge and information to representatives of key organisations/institutions, industry and technical associations in Member States;
- provide state-of-the-art training material, background information and worked examples to Eurocodes trainers and users;
- facilitate exchange of views, networking and cooperation.
The workshop is organised and supported by the European Commission, Enterprise and Industry Directorate-General and Joint Research Centre, CEN/TC250, CEN/TC250 Horizontal Group Fire and CEN Management Centre.
For more information on the workshop download the workshop flyer.
The workshop will commence in the morning of November 27 and conclude in the afternoon of November 28. The workshop sessions will present the fire resistance assessment of structures according to the Eurocodes. Each session will focus on a specific structural material (i.e. steel, concrete, masonry, etc) and will address the principles and design methods followed by worked example(s). Definitions of actions in fire situations will also be presented with basic principles and examples at the beginning of the workshop sessions.
Download the workshop agenda.
Tuesday, 27 November 2012
- Welcome Address (1.2MB)
A.V. Pinto - JRC, European Commission
- Introduction (3.7MB)
J.A. Calgaro - CEN/TC250 Chairman
- Actions in fire situation (9.2MB)
O. Vassart - ArcelorMittal
- Fire resistance assessment of steel structures (2.9MB)
B. Zhao - CEN/TC250 HG-Fire Convenor, CTICM
- Fire resistance assessment of steel and concrete composite structures (1.0MB)
Worked example (1.1MB)
L.G. Cajot - ArcelorMittal
Thursday, 28 November 2012
- Fire resistance assessment of concrete structures (4.8MB)
F. Robert - CERIB
- Fire resistance assessment of masonry structures (1.1MB)
U. Meyer - Arbeitsgemeinschaft Mauerziegel
- Fire resistance assessment of timber structures (4.0MB)
A. Frangi - ETH Zurich
Contact usStructural Fire Design Workshop Secretariat
Joint Research Centre (JRC)
TP 480, Via E. Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA), Italy
Tel.: +39 0332 786062, Fax: +39 0332 789049