2011-09-26, 2 days
Workshop on Implementation of Eurocodes in Georgia
Venue: Tbilisi, Georgia
Organizer: European Commission and the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia
The workshop is being organised by the Technical Assistance Information Exchange Instrument of the European Commission (TAIEX) in co-operation with the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia. Techical suport is provided by the Joint Research Centre (JRC) of the European Commission and CEN Technical Committee 'Structural Eurocodes' (CEN/TC250).
Aim of the Workshop is to help with successful implementation of the Eurocodes in Georgia. The implementation programme aimed for a strategic approach to address following issues:
1. Raise the awareness of the importance of the Eurocodes and of the benefits deriving from them.
2. Provide an overview of how to develop and what shall be included in Nationally Determined Parameters and National Annexes.
3. Advice on Implementation Policies.
4. Advice on Adaptation of National provisions to allow use of Eurocodes.
5. Address technical issues of the construction.
6. Transfer of knowledge from Eurocodes experts to Georgian Construction Industry, National Authorities, Technical and Professional Associations, Academia, potential National trainers.
7. Make guidance materials available, promote training on the Eurocodes.
For more information on TAIEX assistance and to download presentations of this event, please go to TAIEX link below.