EC3 - The Major Changes
(4 Hour Course)
30 September 2008, 1 day
Organizer: SCI (The Steel Construction Institute)
This four hour course will introduce the major changes from BS 5950–1 to Eurocode 3 1-1.
The course will cover the primary design issues for practicing engineers and will deliver a sense of reassurance that design to EC3 will become straightforward in time and indeed has advantages in some areas.
This course will explain:
- The major changes in loading combinations
- The changes to resistance calculations
- The changes to brittle fracture and frame stability
This course will equip any engineer with:
- A good understanding of the significant changes in building design
- Confidence that the changes are generally in the presentation, not the physics
- An appreciation of the loading system defined in the Eurocodes