CRC Press , 2014
This fourth edition of a bestselling textbook has been extensively rewritten and expanded in line with the current Eurocodes. It presents the principles of the design of concrete elements and of complete structures, with practical illustrations of the theory. It explains the background to the Eurocode rules and goes beyond the core topics to cover the design of foundations, retaining walls, and water retaining structures. The text includes more than sixty worked out design examples and more than six hundred diagrams, plans, and charts. It suitable for civil engineering courses and is a useful reference for practicing engineers.
- Offers fully worked practical design examples
- Covers the necessary theory
- Explains background to Eurocode rules and their applications; illustrated by examples
- Provides wide coverage of design of structural elements and whole structures
- Includes design of foundations, retaining walls, and water retaining structures